[WriteLog] CW operation??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW operation??
From: kg0us@swbell.net (dr)
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 22:57:50 -0600
Jerry,

You can not use the sound card to transmit cw.  However, you can use the
sound card to rx and decode cw.
To transmit cw you will need a simple transistor switch used through
your computers parallel port
or one of the com ports.  The switch details are located in the Help
file.

Thanks,

Dave KG0US

Well as long as we have a CW thread going,  let me post another stupid
question from yet another newby.

I've done some digging in the help files ( giving it as much time as I
can )  looking for an explanation of software/hardware configuations
to run CW from Writelog.  I haven't really come up with a definative
answer so I'll put it to the group.

Will Writelog run CW on the soundcard??
            ( no interface )
or does it require an interface to make it work.

I can copy CW FB in the CW display but when I try to send a message,
nothing happens.
( just a bit of background )  ( RTTY work great RX / TX  with same
hookup ) ( Good sheilded cable from speaker jack to line-in  and from
speaker jack to phone patch in )

I know this is something that I haven't done yet but I would
appreciate a hint or two to save me doing the research.  (  I know I
have to do the legwork sooner or later but new toys are much more fun
when you can play while you learn )

So,   whats the scoop??

Am I in the market for an interface or is the soundcard and current
hookup enough when configured correctly?

Thanks and 73 to the group;

Jerry          N0JRN