[WriteLog] AcomTools and Writelog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AcomTools and Writelog
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 14:43:39 -0500
> I am trying to get AcomTools software to auto-switch the Acom amp's
> frequency as selected by Writelog, prior to invoking auto-tune by
> transmitting. I emailed the author of AcomTools, and he told me to load
> WL first, then AcomTools and it should work. However, it doesn't. I tried
> unloading and reloading the frequency switching extension, and also
> checked to see that Writelog was selected as the controlled program in
> the extension. I wonder if anyone else has tried this, and if anyone has
> gotten it to work?

Barry,

I can't get it to work either. I'm using Windows 2000. In my case,
regardless of whether I load WL first or second, AcomTools displays an error
box saying "WriteLog is not started or not available. Try starting WriteLog
before Hamtools." I'm wondering if WL needs something in its ini file to
enable communication with the extension (ala RITTY, perhaps?)

73, Dick WC1M