[WriteLog] Windows 98/SE Computer

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows 98/SE Computer
From: sdyer@interlogue.com (Steve Dyer)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:31:31 -0700
Not in my experience. An OEM version of Win 98 is still Win 98. Dell has
add-ons that are unique to Dell, but that is all. I have ordered hundreds of
Dell machines at work and they are completely compatible with 3rd party
hardware, be it modems or anything else.

Microsoft has not be OEM'ing Win 98 since Win Me came out. That's why you
can't order it...

Steve
W1SRD