[WriteLog] Packet Window Help

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Packet Window Help
From: nb1b@mediaone.net (dennis egan)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 16:29:07 -0500
Being a relative newbie to Writelog and not being able to find the answer in
the manual, I thought I'd ask a couple of questions here.

I'm setting Writelog up for the SB WPX contest next weekend and haven't
decided if I am going to do SO Unassisted or SO Assisted.  According to the
"Packet Spots Window" part of the manual, I checked the "ALL BANDS"
selection, so I could see the activity on ALL BANDS of the contest, as the
manual states.  All spots, however, including those for WARC bands and 6M,
show in the packet window.

Am I doing something wrong (program not setup properly), is the program not
doing what it is supposed to (only show spots for 160-80-40-20-15-10M
bands), or am I supposed to set up a Packet Cluster Filter to limit the
spots to the 6 bands of interest?

Another minor point of annoyance, even though I "SETUP-SAVE Configuration"
after clicking on the "SSB Messages" button to get my setup SSB messages for
the contest, every time I leave the program and re-enter it I have to go
back and re-click to get my SSB messages back.  The program doesn't seem to
remember that particular setting.  All the other settings, however, seem to
be remembered each time, but not that one.  Again, is it my usage or the
program?

Overall, so far, I am pleased with performance of Writelog.  I will know for
sure how pleased after next weekend.  BTW, I am using version 10.24G.

Dennis NB1B