[WriteLog] Odp: [DX4WIN] WriteLog --> DX4WIN : HOW with FREQ/XMIT QRG

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Odp: [DX4WIN] WriteLog --> DX4WIN : HOW with FREQ/XMIT QRG and SEQ Nr.?
From: Pawel SP7PS (ex SP7NMW)" <sp7nmw@bonus.com.pl (Pawel SP7PS (ex SP7NMW))
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:41:32 -0000
Hello Milan,

You should edit ADIF file and do following steps:

1. Open WORD editor (NOTEPAD does not see special keys)
2. In SEARCH put: "SRX"
3. In REPLACE put: "COMMENT"

It will change the receive field to comment field and will store it in QSO
Notes.

In case you want to add ANY INFORMATION to field "NOTES FOR THIS QSO" add to
each contact in ADIF file the line:
<COMMENT:??>XXXXXX    - ?? means the number of XX letters (e.g. if I want to
add my contest callsign SN7N to NOTES I write <comment:4>SN7N. The only
problem is, how to add this string to each of the records (QSOs). It is also
easy.

1. In SEARCH write: <EOR>  - end of record
2. In REPLACE put: <COMMENT:4>SN7N <EOR>  it will add your comment before
end string but please use your callsign or other word.

I always put the following information in "QSO Notes Field": "SN7N
Freq=xxxxxx KHz" (freq is just from the logged RX freq)
And I suggest you to put the RX sequence number in the field "RECVD" of
DX4WIN instead of "Notes for this QSO"

Milan, if you need any assistance send me e-mail.

Best 73's
Pawel, SP7PS (SN7N in contests)