[Re: [WriteLog] Merge of FD Logs]

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Re: [WriteLog] Merge of FD Logs]
From: jduerbusch@netscape.net (Joe Duerbusch)
Date: 26 Jun 00 17:58:07 CDT
I just want to thank everyone for the comments.  No one had a solution.  One
of you said if I put Writelog on several network computers that it would merge
them like the manual said.  But there has to be a simply way to do this.

If Wayne would give me the file layout for the *.wl files or the *.tqs files,
then I could format those files from the text files and then import it into
WL.  That is what I did with WF1B as he gave the layout for his *.bin file.

What I did in the meantime, was save each file as a .txt file, and using the
DOS copy command,
(copy *.txt FDALL.txt)
merge the text files into one, edit out the headers and brought it into MS
ACCESS.  Sure would be easier to use Writelog to do the reporting and
summary.

Joe K0BX

W7XU Arliss <w7xu@dtgnet.com> wrote:
Hi Joe,

I'm having a similar problem with my logs from the June VHF
contest.  If you find an answer, please pass it on.

Thanks & 73,

Arliss  W7XU

Joe Duerbusch wrote:

> Maybe someone can help me.  For FD we had 3 laptops, one for each station
but
> we did not network them.  Now we have 3 logs, and need to merge them into
one
> log.  I had thought that Writelog had a merge feature, but it turns out it
> does not.
>
> Any help would be appricated.
>
> Joe K0BX
>
> Joe Duerbusch K0BX