[WL-USERS] CW/PTT/FSK Interface

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WL-USERS] CW/PTT/FSK Interface
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:34:49 +0000
Eric - I just built a CW/FSK (which includes PTT) interface from a COM
port. WL does not support FSK from an LPT port. I used the optos, but
for some reason it wouldn't key the FSK circuit in my FT-1000D.
Switched to a 2N2222 equiv on the FSK line only, and it works fine. I
really don't think optos are necessary, but I followed the
schematics in the docs anyway. Used simple transistor switches with
CT for years...
73 Barry

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club