What RTTY software do you use outside of contests?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: What RTTY software do you use outside of contests?
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 11:43:06 +0000
Jim,

I have set up Writelog to use the DXCC "contest". I am bring up Rttyrite
with the soundboard. My rig ft1000mp is controlled by Writelog. I can bring
up a Packet window (in my case i use the Local Network port), minimize that
window
and then open the Packet Spot window. Then all I have to do is walk over to
the radio, look at the spots, click on them and Writelog takes me there. I
also shadow the log on the same computer running the packet connection. So
the second computer is running WriteLog, a Packet window and is networked
to my HF computer. That is what I did with that brain-dead Winbook portable
I was struggling with for
several months.

Works great. I have done all logging in Writelog since I got it. And I like
it so well I keep trying to stretch it to do more. HI

I also have the Kam Plus available on another port for Amtor, Pactor, CW,
etc. There so far I use my old XPware.

BTW, I am still importing all contacts into my Access database. Too much
history there to give up.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 02:03 PM 2/26/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I liked Writelog the one time I used it in the WPX contest.  However, it
>seems like a lot of overhead when you just want to work RTTY DX.  What are
>people using for RTTY DX with their SoundBlaster card?  Or do you just
>disable the TNC/Radio inteface in WL (so your day-to-day logging software
>can use them) and just run stand-alone?  I was looking at K6STI's RITTY
>software a long time ago, but never bought a copy before he discontinued it.
>
>Thanks & 73 - Jim AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs
http://www.pixos.com/designs/
jpixton@shentel.net