TRLog

[Trlog] TRlog-Linux 0.52 Radio Settings for TCI support question

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] TRlog-Linux 0.52 Radio Settings for TCI support question
From: Carlin Royal <n5oe@nctwb.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 15:20:43 -0500
Hello and thank you for reading this email.

To the point: Can TRlinux interface with the localhost (127.0.0.1:4532 hamlib/rigctl default) someway that I am missing versus something like /dev/xxx?

I am trying to setup TRlinux 0.52 with an ExpertSDR QRP transceiver. The SDR has NO physical Com ports for CAT control, but offers settings for the use of Virtual Com Ports in their software ExpertSDR2 and with the help of tt0tty (a Linux virtual com port solution) I could and have had everything working for some time now. In TRlinux, simply setting :

RADIO ONE TYPE = TS480
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL /dev/tnt1
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 57600

The above will work just fine on ExpertSDR2, (and yes the SDR appears as a TS480 for hamlib purposes with CAT) but I cannot use that with ExpertSDR3, as there is no virtual com ports. Lately, I have been testing/using the newer ExpertSDR3 software, and it appears they are going away from even Virtual Com Ports and using strictly there own interface called Transceiver Connection Interface or TCI support linked here: https://github.com/maksimus1210/TCI

I installed the "tciadapter" software that interfaces rigctl/hamlib linked here: https://github.com/ftl/tciadapter ,, and it works great with CQRlog so it seems I have everything setup correctly,, but when trying to make the necessary changes to the CFG file in TRlinux, I cannot get them to communicate for rig data. I have tried several things, but TRlinux just fails and doesn't start. Examples below:

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL localhost:4532

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL localhost

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 127.0.0.1:4532

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 127.0.0.1

ETC ETC

Am I missing something really easy here, I am still wanting to communicate with Hamlib/rigctl as far as I understand like CQRlog is doing, but TRlinux just doesn't start with the above examples?

I have attached two PNG files, on of the running tciadapter service, and one of the CQRlog settings that work.

THANKS!!!!