TRLog

[Trlog] Mortty keyer

To: TR Log Reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Mortty keyer
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 14:38:17 -0500

I just got a Mortty keyer. I think this is an ardunio running the k3ng keyer
not unlike the mini so2r box. I was kind of hoping the winkey emulation would
work with trlinux. Trlinux seems to try to talk to it but then trlinux exits.
Maybe we need to tweak things a bit or maybe add a k3ng keyer mode. But if the
k3ng code really emulates K1el winkeyer I would expect it to work. Maybe one of
the initialization commands it making things get upset. Looking at the
winkeyer.pas i see a lot of things are getting set.  I did a google search on
Linux and k3ng and i see that cqrlog has had issues with this as well in the
past.

Looking at his code it kind of looks like he has some k3ng specific lines.  I
am not totally sure since I am mostly lost when I start looking at computer
code.

https://github.com/ok2cqr/cqrlog/blob/master/src/uCWKeying.pas

Anyway. It would be cool to get this k3ng based keyer working. And I am
guessing that will need to work for the mini so2r box anyway

There seem to be several keyers out there based on the k3ng code.

I was hoping the winkeyer emulation would just work.  I guess I should hook
this up to a windows box and see if I can get this Mortty keyer to work and
confirm it is running the k3ng code since it can run several other programs.

George Fremin III