TRLog

Re: [Trlog] Parallel Port CW

To: "Bob Wolbert, K6XX" <k6xx@ihwy.com>, "'trlog'" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Parallel Port CW
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 01:18:48 +0600
My netbook MSI U100 runs on Atom 1.6Ghz processor. Timing issues mainly
depend on what software is loaded along with XP. If it is just Windows and
TR4W - timing is OK. Anyway I choose to purchase Microham CW keyer that has
winkey chip in it. That solved all timing issues forever and gave me iambic
paddle which I could not do without (plus CAT interface that supports any
radio).
TR4W supports winkey all OK.
Regarding DVK support I am not sure. TR4W has it's own DVK so there is no
need in external DVK unless one's computer has no sound card.
What I am very grateful to Dmitriy UA4WLI for is that he preserved most of
the ideology of TRlog in TR4W. That made migration from TRlog to TR4W very
easy.

73, Igor UA9CDC