TRLog

Re: [Trlog] DVK

To: kd4d@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Trlog] DVK
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 10:58:19 -0700
On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 05:20:11PM +0000, kd4d@comcast.net wrote:
> Hi Scott:
>
> I forgot about that one.
>
>  think the W9XT card looks to the TR software like a DVK...in
> other words, it looks like a parallel port.  I guess it must store
> its voice files on the hard disk as well?  I've never used one of
> these.

The W9XT card (my preference) stores the messages on the card itself
in a static memory chip.  The current version of the card can store
four 15 second messages (more than enough in my experience).  It is,
however, an ISA bus card, and essentially no new computers have an
ISA bus any more.  Does anyone have instructions/idea on putting a
W9XT card in an external enclosure and driving it from a parallel
port?

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com