TRLog

[Trlog] Help Please Windows XP

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Help Please Windows XP
From: W6SX Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 21:04:20 -0800
I have been using TR 6.79 with good success on a Windows 98
computer.  Both Omni VI+ radio interface and CW keying work fine.

I have just put a Windows XP computer in the shack.  The radio
interface works fine, but I can't get CW keying to work.  I use LPT1
on the 98 computer and the LPT1 on the XP computer.  I have KEYER
RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1 in my .cfg file for both
computers.  I switched back to the 98 machine and CW keying still
works so the homemade interface box still "works." Device Manager for
the 98 machine says LPT1 is a standard port.  Device Manager for the
XP machine says LPT1 is ECP.  LPT1 on the XP machine works fine with
a printer.

Any suggestions?

73,

Hank, W6SX