TRLog

[Trlog] Findfast is giving me cw grief

To: "trlog@contesting.com" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Findfast is giving me cw grief
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 01:39:41 -0800
I have never had a QSD problem with TR until SS CW. Someone actually sent me a QSD report. Lately my computer has taken to running something called findfast which I presume builds an index on the contents of a bunch of files. However, it's really arrogant how it goes about it, believing that it's more important than some other processes that are running. At one point, it stopped TR while in the middle of a dah, causing me to transmit a steady carrier in a pileup for many seconds.

I can get rid of it (and osa which I think is part of it) by hitting CTRL-ALT-DEL, scrolling down the list box and ending the task. However, after a while, it's back, doing it's self-important busyness. Can anyone tell me how to kill this thing so it doesn't come back to life? Hell, I'd even buy a silver bullet if I knew where to aim the damn thing.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO