TRLog

Re: [Trlog] Runaway WPM Speed With Auto-CQ

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Runaway WPM Speed With Auto-CQ
From: Juhan Põldvere <juhan@chem.ut.ee>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:29:57 +0200
> > There is...I think where most folks get in trouble on this
> > is if they interrupt the message before the ^S command gets
> > executed, either by hitting escape or typing in a call.  It
> > takes a little time for the command to complete it seems.
>
> The command is executed when it comes up in the CW being sent.

Tree,

I think the problem is not with how or when ^F or ^S is executed, but rather
that during escaping from CQ-parrot mode the program sneaks around some
cleanup.

The manual (just above TABLE 5) says:
The speed reverts to its original value automatically after a message
has been sent.

Make
CQ MEMORY F7 = ^F^F^F^F^F^F
No matter how many times you press F7 your speed will not change.
Make
CQ MEMORY F1 = ^F^F^FTEST^S^S^S ES5QX
No matter how many times you interrupt the CQ-message in between ^F/^S
the speed will not change.
But, when you start the F1 message with Alt-C and interrupt it then the next
Alt-C will start at a higher speed.
As soon as you hit ENTER or any F-key, the speed will revert to normal.
--
Trrrt ES5QX

--
Juhan ES5QX