TRLog

Re: [Trlog] SO2R

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] SO2R
From: Howard Hoyt <n4af@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:16:14 -0500
Well, perhaps just the way I am looking at it, but it seems like the documented setup for SO2R is not logical.

Why would the SO2R want to do an ALT-D everytime he hears a new station on the S&P radio ?
Whether a footswitch is wired up to do the ALT-D or not ?

Granted, using the trick of making the active radio the S&P and setting the F keys to handle the inacftive radio circumvents. But I am still trying to understand why when TWO RADIO MODE = TRUE
the SO2R user would want to use the documented ALT-D procedure for checking whether the call he has tuned across on S&P radio is a dupe ??? Maybe this is what I am missing, as best I can see the only thing you can get out of the inactive radio bandmap is a blink on the bandmap BUT it does not display in the call window ?

Or maybe my procedure is wrong ? I typically, while CQ'n, tune the S&P looking for new QSO.
When I come across a signal, I typically look to see whether I see the call appear in the
call window. If the prefix matches the plugged in call I move on to the next signal. (I'm purposely ignoring what happens if no display in call window -or bandmap).

Suppose I could look for a blinking bandmap entry, but it has always seemed so much easier to key on the call entry window for binary state of CALL/NOCALL when trolling
in S&P ?

73, Howie N4AF