TRLog

Re: [Trlog] Orion help (please!)

To: "john, ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>, <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Orion help (please!)
From: "A. Sewell N5NA" <n5na@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:04:53 -0600
John,

You'll probably get several answers to your question.  The rig control part
of my logcfg.dat that I used for SSCW is:

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT=SERIAL 2
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 57600
RADIO ONE TYPE=ORION
FT1000MP CW REVERSE = TRUE
ORION RESPONSE TIMEOUT = 125

You may not need the baud rate statement.  The FT1000MP statement is so when
you switch to CW the Orion goes to LCW, which is what I prefer.  You may
have to experiment with the Response Timeout statement.

TR works pretty well with my Orion.  I haven't tried it with the latest
version though.  You will still see the freq display in TR disappear when
you tune but it should come back fairly quickly when you stop.

73,

Alan  N5NA