TRLog

[Trlog] CQ WW VHF prob/wish

Subject: [Trlog] CQ WW VHF prob/wish
From: n5wd at charter.net (Wayne Day)
Date: Tue Jul 15 00:45:18 2003
Well, we're headed for Belize in the morning to put V31WD on the air
for the CQ WW VHF contest next weekend.  Unfortunately, I've been
kind of time pressed, what with the harmonic having his new student
orientation at Texas Tech (we just got back in a few hours ago and
are leaving in the morning for the airport headed south) to configure
things for the contest.

I did find two things.. both probably fall under the category of
"feature", but thought I'd mention them.

1. CQ WW VHF is now 6m and 2m only, instead of 6m -> daylight like
the configuration defaults to.  Couldn't find anywhere in the
documentation that said I could limit it to those two bands, but it
sure would be nice to be able to do that.

2. I keep thinking it'd be nice to be able to limit the mode rotation
to a particular subset of those available.. i.e. SSB and CW.  If I
was doing only one mode, I could easily set that, but...

73 and point your beams south this weekend!

  Wayne N5WD / V31WD