TRLog

[TRLog] Re: IARU issues

Subject: [TRLog] Re: IARU issues
From: w9wi@w9wi.com (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:24:51 -0500
> Subject: [TRLog] Too many multipliers enabled!!
>
> That is the message I get on both my PC's when I do the multiplier
> POST for the IARU. Any ideas?

I got the same result, then I re-read the instructions on the screen.  They
say to do the multiplier check only if the contest has country multipliers.
That's not the case in the IARU.  So I don't think this is *supposed* to
work.

> Subject: [TRLog] Other moot things...IARU scoring
>
> I noticed that TR seemed to score the various HQ stations as one-point QSOs.
> I don't think is correct unless I misunderstand the rules...seems their QSO
> points should be as if they were regular station, but you get a mult for
> them (but not a zone mult).

>From http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2002/rules-iaru.html :

"7. QSO Points:
7.1. Contacts within your own ITU zone, as well as QSOs with any IARU-member
society HQ stations, count one point. "

Weird, but I guess if you run the contest you make the rules<grin>.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66