TRLog

[TRLog] Minimum PC requirements for TRLOG

Subject: [TRLog] Minimum PC requirements for TRLOG
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:22:41 -0800
I make a DOS boot floppy for the P-133 over at W6UE and
let the machine boot up in DOS mode. TRlog seems to run
just fine in this configuration. Running from a DOS window
under WIN98 always seems to produce strange results
(sluggish performance, keyer hiccups, etc). At home, for
CW SS and Phone SS, I just restarted my P-133 x Win98
machine in MS-DOS mode. This also worked fine even
with SBDVP running during the phone contest.

On the 486-66 in the main operating position at W6UE,
I turned on SMARTDRV per Dave's suggestion. This
seemed to cure all the disc related hesitation on this slower
machine. The P-133's don't seem to need it though.

73 de Mike, W4EF................