TRLog

[TRLog] Sending custom messages to the rig

Subject: [TRLog] Sending custom messages to the rig
From: jimsmith@home.com (Jim Smith)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:39:13 -0700
Hi all,

Things are progressing, thanks to all the helpful inputs.  I now
want to send a message to the MkV consisting of 4 nulls folowed by
CTRL-D.  So, the F Key memory looks like this:  CTRL-C CTRL-@
CTRL-@ CTRL-@ CTRL-D CTRL-D.

When I try it, the MkV doesn't do anything and the CAT light
doesn't flash.  It normally does when receiving commands.  I wrote
a little program in Visual Basic to try the command out and that
works.

I'm thinking that maybe TR sees the first CTRL-D, figures that's
the end of the message and doesn't send the following CTRL-D.  The
MkV doesn't get the number of bytes it's expecting and doesn't act
on the command.

Does anone know how to get TR to send a CTRL-D (assuming that
that's the problem)?

I think there's a way to get TR to tell you what it sent to the
radio.  I haven't tried that yet but I will.  Don't know if it
will show control chars though.

TIA for your help.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO