TRLog

[TRLog] SBDVP and TR

Subject: [TRLog] SBDVP and TR
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:43:41 -0500
At 12:22 PM 2/27/01 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:

>Dave
>
>I'm trying to do the same thing.  I found the output of the Heil HC4 to
>be too low to get a decent recording on my AWE64 card when using the Mic
>In jack so I'm building a little amp to boost the level.  I'm taking the
>mic audio from the Patch output on my 1000MP MkV so I won't have to
>switch the mic back and forth.  I'll let you know how it works out.  I
>should know today.

Odd, my HC-4 has plenty of audio for the MIC input on the SB-16.  I did
discover that the SB-16 has (undocumented) a 3-conductor mike jack, and
that one of the non-ground leads has DC voltage on it, presumably for
electret microphone bias.  The cheap little Labtec headset I got for
computer applications also has a 3-conductor microphone plug.  When I wired
the switcxhing to connect my Heil mike to the sound card, I connected the
audio to the line that showed no DC - works great.  Sorry I don't remember
which one it was - probably the ring.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database