TRLog

[TRLog] What happened?

Subject: [TRLog] What happened?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:53:06 -0500
At 02:02 AM 12/14/00 -0900, KL7RA wrote:
>Pete writes:
>
>>Am I the only Kenwood user who also has the NONCW problem?
>

>I was surprised to see you have the problem with Kenwood. A
>simular failure mode was described on this reflector awhile ago
>and seemed related to the Icom's radio interface software and
>not RFI.
>
>At one time this problem was consistant enough to prevent me
>from using the interface to the Icom radios. Tree worked on the
>problem, discovered the source of the error and wrote a fix....

My personal theory is that this is a 3-stage (at least) problem --

1.  Something (RFI, a radio comm problem, or whatever) corrupts the value
for the current band that is kept in a transient variable.

2.  That value causes the logging routine to write "NONCW" as the band/mode
for the QSO as it is put into the edit window.

3.  If you don't fix it before it scrolls off, the routine that writes the
QSO to the log.dat file crashes when it encounters the "NONCW" QSO.

Tree?

73, Pete N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database