TRLog

[TRLog] 10m Cabrillo

Subject: [TRLog] 10m Cabrillo
From: geoiii@loja.kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:43:31 -0800
On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 06:43:45PM -0500, Jimmy Weierich wrote:

> When using Post (v6.56) to create a Cabrillo file for the 10 meter
> contest, it asks you to enter your ARRL section. It then places the
> section in the Cabrillo header area labeled ARRL-SECTION. It also
> places the section in each QSO line to the right of the 59 for
> exchange sent.
>
> What should we enter in this field? If state is entered it will be
> incorrectly labeled in the header info. If section is entered the
> exchange sent is incorrect. So probably should enter the state?
>
> Seems like it should ask for state and label it as such in the header.

No the ARRL needs you section so that they know where
to list your score.  It should put your state in the log
since that is what you send as an exchange.

> For those in a single section state it's right as is!

Yep.

> What say, O great log checking software guru?

I think he lives in a state where this is not an issue.  :-)

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."