TRLog

[TRLog] What happened?

Subject: [TRLog] What happened?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:45:23 -0500
At 09:00 PM 11/20/00 -0600, Mike D. wrote:

>I've been using TR for several contests. Over the weekend in the sweeps, I
>noticed something peculiar. Sometimes in S & P, I would press ENTER to log
>the contact and the exchange data would overwrite the callsign field. The
>entry would not move up and be logged. So, I would edit the callsign field,
>separate the exchange components by a space, hit ENTER... then it would
>record the QSO. Was it me or TR?

There is definitely a program problem here.  The version I encountered was
a situation where I was cqing and for some reason didn't get to hit enter
after entering a call.  If I hit tab instead, the program shifts to S&P
mode and puts the cursor in front of the expected exchange from the
database.  If I then type in the number and precedence, and hit enter, it
writes the exchange info into the callsign field.

>Also, I would love to have the cursor start at the beginning of the exchange
>line. Was that issue ever addressed? Tks.

Others have reported that this is when this overwrite problem happens --
when the cursor winds up before the antciipated exchange.  Normally, the
cursor goes after the expected check and section, and since TR understands
the SS exchange pretty well, it can take the elements in different order as
long as you run the number and precedence together.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at