TRLog

[TRLog] WAE QTC receiving

Subject: [TRLog] WAE QTC receiving
From: ua9cdc@dialup.mplik.ru (Igor Sokolov)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:27:02 +0600
>Well, it really is a challenge. I'm not an excellent op anyway, but tried
>do my best. Wonder what the log checkers will make out of it.

Look at the last year SSB results. UA9XL claimed the multiplier of
722(impossible even with 4000 qso)  with only 276 QSO made and no log
checker noticed that. In fact I doubt all logs are carefully checked.  They
probably only check the winners and runner up.

>Wouldn't it make sense if the software automatically sent QTCs a bit slower
>than the QSO text?

No :)  In fact QTC is usually given out faster then QSO and therefore I
usually give QTC only to those who can copy very well. I know them, they are
the same year after year. Try to develop the technique that will enable you
to copy at any speed otherwise you will not be given QTC by regulars. That
is contest...

>Maybe also simply double spaces between time, call and number could help
>keep up with full speed. This would be a more significant hint to when to
>hit the space bar.
>Europeans, what do you think?

The speed is controlled by a sending op not by the software.

>"Press RETURN to log QTC ##/## or E to Edit:" ? (the line is long enough)
>This would allow me to "QSL QTC##/##" with the paddles and then do some
>editing (typos etc.) while the other station is already gone. Now that
group
>number appears only when the edit window is gone.

You can also record it onto the tape and type it in afterwards.

Igor, UA9CDC