TRLog

[TRLog] NONSSB Solved

Subject: [TRLog] NONSSB Solved
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 15:22:07 -0500 (CDT)
Regarding the IC-765 "NONSSB" problem --

The problem appears to occur when the radio's CI-V interface
is in the "transceive" mode.  I turned it OFF, (DIP switch S37,
slot #2) and preliminary tests indicate that the problem is solved.

Oddly, TR doesn't mind the "transceive" mode being engaged
for the IC-761.  It only seems to cause a problem on the IC-765.
I'm going to set both radios to OFF, in hopes of avoiding any
problems in the future.  This might be worth mentioning in the manual,
since the IC-765's factory default mode is transceive ON.  In my
case, it needs to be turned OFF for TR-Log to work successfully.
Of course, everyone owns MPs now, so who cares about ancient Icoms... :-)

Of course, I figured all this out today, the day AFTER the contest. :-(
It drove me completely nuts all through the CW NAQP, until I finally
just unplugged the radio interface and went without it.  (When will
I learn to troubleshoot everything BEFORE the contest?)  Hopefully
I'll be good to go for the next round of fun.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and ideas.

-Kirk  K4RO