TRLog

[TRLog] Re: win-95 (fwd)

Subject: [TRLog] Re: win-95 (fwd)
From: K7NT@aol.com (K7NT@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 02:14:11 EST
Check that your IRQs are the same in W95 and DOS. I had this problem with my
SB16ASP card. WHen I installed W95 (over IBM DOS 6 and W3.1), the PnP looked
at my sound card and assigned a different IRQ and DMAs than I had been using
in DOS/W3.1. When I rebooted with DOS, my old programs set up for the original
settings did not work correctly. I fixed this by overriding the device
settings in W95 to make them what they were before. Everything now works fine
in both W95 and DOS. It is possible that your LPT and COM are being mis-read
by PnP in W95.
GL,
Mike  K7NT