TRLog

[TRLog] League accepted edited log...but??

Subject: [TRLog] League accepted edited log...but??
From: ae2t@bigfoot.com (Al Gritzmacher)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 01:57:18 -0500
At 04:34 AM 11/15/97 -0000, you wrote:
>Tree, if the log.dat file does not contain my fixed exchange info (A N9IJ 66
>IL) where does POST grab this info for insertion into the arrl log format?
>I'd suspect I've not got this set and is causing the omission.

POST never has put this information in the "ARRL Format" log. My
understanding of it is that he has attempted to keep it under 80 characters
in width and has left out this redundant information to do so.

Put your default exchange in your summary; the ARRL has always accepted it
this way. (Despite what their rules seem to say!)

I suspect that most problems with rejected logs are usually either
editing/saving in a non-ascii format and encoding problems with attachments,
not the file data itself.

73,

Al AE2T