TRLog

[TRLog] Hang ups

Subject: [TRLog] Hang ups
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 06:50:18 -0800 (PST)
Maybe it is time for TR Log to visit the shrink and see if it can get
over some of its hangups...

Sorry to see that several poeple had problems.  First off, I would
say that 6.05 is very "stable".   However, it is interesting that some
people didn't have problems and others did.  I haven't gotten the full
report from the N6RO multi-multi, but one of the operators didn't mention
any problems with hangups.

It is unlikely that it has anything to do with packet spots coming
in.  While the program is logging a QSO, it simply doesn't care what
the packet is up to - and the data is being saved in a buffer that is
looked at every 1.68 milliseconds.

It is more likely it has something to do with the TRMASTER.DTA file
or some other unknown bug.

For those of you who had failures, please send me your LOGCFG.DAT files
so I can carefully understand the configuration the program was in.
I will hopefully be able to create similar failures here in the lab
and once I can recreate it, I can fix it.

Another data point is that I did see a couple of strange things
happen recently when using a friends computer while giving a talk
at a radio club meeting.  I haven't had the time to go to his house
and try to get to the bottom of it - but it is another data point
that suggests something is afoot - and it is machine sensitive.

Here at N6TR - I use my computer in DOS PROMPT mode from Windows-95.
I hit F8 while windows is about to boot up and then selected DOS
from the menu that comes up (much faster than going through the
whole boot up process and then selecting DOS).

Tree