TRLog

Multi network set up

Subject: Multi network set up
From: jay@dunestar.com (Jay Terleski)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:50:22 -0600
I thought I knew the answer to this.

I'm trying to set up 4 PCs on a rs232 network.  I can get two of them
going fine.  But trying to get all 4 is not working.

Im using the MULTI PORT = SERIAL # commands in the logcfg.dat file

The set up is as follows.

PC A  network to com 1
PC B  network to Com 2  to PC A, and COM3 to PC C
PC C  network to COM 1 to PC B, and COM2 to PC D
PC D  network to COM 1 to PC C

the logcfg.dat file for example for PC B contains the lines:

MULTI PORT = SERIAL 2
MULTI PORT = SERIAL 3

I thought this was how we activate the com2 and com3 ports needed to go
to the other two PCs around it.

Any help?

Thanks,
Jay, WX0B