TRLog

Computer Clock Question

Subject: Computer Clock Question
From: jpryor@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU (Jay Pryor)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 08:27:22 -0500 (EST)
Here's a question for the computer experts:  I exit WIN95 to DOS to run TR.
When I take a fairly long contest break my PC goes into an "energy saving"
mode, which means it basically shuts down. I re-activate TR the same way
that one exits a screen saver program, by hitting a key or moving the mouse.
The problem is that after the PC goes into the energy saving mode the
contest clock time is incorrect. It appears that the clock stops when the PC
is in the energy saving mode. What can I do to prevent this from happening?
Possible solutions include: (1) Changing something (I don't know what) to
prevent the PC from entering that mode; (2) Exiting the program and shutting
the PC off -- then restarting when the break ends.     Is there a better way?
Thanks!
- Jay/K4OGG