TRLog

multi-op + other questions

Subject: multi-op + other questions
From: jcullum@micron.com (James Cullum)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 96 10:12:19 MST
With all of the latest work with TR and multi-op networks, we are
thinking about giving it a try at NK7U for the January NAQP test
(Multi-2).  I just have a few questions about some functions that
I don't think exist in TR.  Or atleast I haven't been able to find
them.

#1) Is there a way to tell what frequency the other radios in
the network are on?  This would be handy for passing mults.  I
guess we don't need anything fancy like a mult passing window.
Just some indication what frequency the other radios are
operating on.  This would enable telling a needed mult to give
us a call on the other run band (ie. KH6HAM we are also on 1850,
please call us!, etc.)

#2) Is there a way to configure the DVP memories for multi-
operators?  I guess this would be like "OPON" when using CT.
This would save having to re-record the DVP memories everytime
you switched operating positions.  There may have been a post
similar to this a while back, but I forgot the reply.

Also, another DVP request.  Would it be possible to get a "MON"
function (like in CT or NA) that would enable the monitoring
of the DVP audio?  This would be for us "radio challenged"
contesters that are using radios that don't have a transmit
audio monitor function.  Especially with the different CQ
and S&P messages, I am not sure exactly what is getting sent
out when the DVP is transmitting.  When I record the DVP
memories (using Alt-p) I can replay what I have recorded.
It just would be nice to hear it while it is transmitting
to make sure the right message is going out.

I guess that is enough questions for now.  Thanks for all of
your help.

Jim Cullum  K7MK  (ex. AB7CZ)

jcullum@micron.com

http://netnow.micron.net/~jcullum/html/nk7u.htm