TRLog

logcfg.dat files

Subject: logcfg.dat files
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 14:26:38 -0500 (CDT)
Hi,

I had questions about how to set Tr up for a contest
and requests for sample logcfg.dat files.  This is a
rough draft of the way that I setup TR for a contest.
The resulting logcfg.dat file is shown at the end.
Some form of this will be in the next version of
the manual
Thanks

George - wb5vzl
-----

So how do I set TR-Log up for the next contest?

(The following assumes that you have used the install program
  or that you have the TR program directory in your DOS path)

If you follow this example you will have TR up and running
for the next contest.  This is the way that Tree (N6TR) and
I do it.

The first thing that you need to do decide on a directory
where you will keep your contest logs.  In the following
examples I will use the directories that I use.

I keep all my contest logs in a sub-directory called
"contests"  and then I create sub directories in
"contests" for each contest I operate.
They have names like:
 ss96cw   iaru96  sac96  cq95cw  ss96ssb

So anyway here is what you do - I will be setting up
the 1996 CW Sweepstakes contest.

>From the C: prompt.

Type:  cd log/contests  (to enter the contests sub directory)
Type:  md ss96cw        (to create the new sub directory)
Type:  cd ss96cw          (to enter the new sub directory)

Type:  tr                        (to start TR-Log)

At this point TR will ask you if you want to let it step you
through the creation of a LOGCFG.DAT file - answer yes.

Answering the questions asking for your callsign, contest,
and CW port settings.  After you have answered the
questions TR will start up.

After TR is running you are ready to operate most
of the contests that TR supports - if you have radios
and TNCs that need setting up or would like to
change any of the program defaults you will need to
do a bit more to the LGOCFG.DAT file.

I like to make a few changes in the CTL-J menu
that alter the defaults.   Such as:

CONFIRM EDIT CHANGES
AUTO DUPE ENABLE

After making the changes in the CTL-J menu
(make sure you save the changes - either by doing
an ALT-W as you change each one or an  ALT-G to
save all the changes) exit CTL-J by hitting except.

The next that I like to do is look at the default CW messages.
Tree has continued to add more and more default CW messages
to the program so that many of the more popular contests
have CW messages already set.  Do a Alt-P to enter
the CW message programming menus and edit the
CW messages to suit you.

After doing all of that you need to exit the program to setup
your rig interface, tnc interface and other things that can not
be done from the CTL-J menu or the startup screen.
If you always have the same radio and tnc setups you
can create a file that has all of this info in it and call it from the
LOGCFG.DAT file with one line - this saves you from having to
re-enter that info for each contest's LOGCFG.DAT file.
To do this  use the command:

INPUT CONFIG FILE =  [file name and path]

ex. INPUT CONFIG FILE = \log\wb5vzl.cfg

I also like to delete the RESTART.BIN and LOG.DAT files
that were created during the setup.  Now you can type
TR and operate the contest.

Example TR LOGCFG.DAT (created as described above)
MY CALL = WB5VZL
CONTEST = sweepstakes

INPUT CONFIG FILE = \LOG\WB5VZL.CFG

DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
KEYER OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1
PADDLE PORT = 1
AUTO DUPE ENABLE CQ = FALSE
CHECK LOG FILE SIZE = TRUE
CONFIRM EDIT CHANGES = FALSE
CW TONE = 0
FLOPPY FILE SAVE NAME = a:\logsave.dat
PADDLE MONITOR TONE = 320
TWO RADIO MODE = TRUE
WEIGHT = 1.05
SHOW SEARCH AND POUNCE = TRUE

CQ EXCHANGE = # B WB5VZL 76 STX

REPEAT S&P EXCHANGE = # B WB5VZL 76 STX

S&P EXCHANGE = # B WB5VZL 76 STX

QUICK QSL MESSAGE= TU WB5VZL

REPEAT S&P EXCHANGE = # B WB5VZL 76 STX

QSL MESSAGE = 73 \ SS

QSO BEFORE MESSAGE =  SRI QSO B4 73 \ SS

CQ MEMORY F1 = CQ^SS \ \ SS

CQ MEMORY F2 = CQ^SS CQ^SS CQ^SS  \ \

Sample of the INPUT CONFIG FILE - WB5VZL.CFG
=================================
PADDLE PORT = 1
KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1
KEYER RADIO TWO OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 2

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 2400
RADIO ONE NAME = FT1000
RADIO ONE TYPE = FT1000