To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 252, Issue 3
From: GEO Badger via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 20:44:38 +0000 (UTC)
 Jim,
I made no mention of any dielectric compound. Only sent a link to various
professional manuals having to do with successful RF/microwave installations.
What does the ARRL antenna manual say about RF connections? I have one but
haven't looked.
In another life while working for Motorola, I never used any compounds on the
RF/microwave connectors. I used a lot of 3M tape though. Never had a failure.
I've also done quite a number of marine installations, again no failures. Oh,
home station up since 1996 3 miles from the coast, no failures. I have had
rotator control cable outer cover break down though. =!8^{  I do use dielectric
grease on external DC connections.
Your mileage may, and will vary.
Jim sez: >George,
>>Can you point us in these documents where the joint compound is specified?
>>Thanks, Jim K9YC

---
Ciao baby, catch you on the flip side
73 de W3AB/GEO