Re: [TowerTalk] ...and another coax adapter question

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ...and another coax adapter question
From: john simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 23:40:01 +0000
Not only have I been a ham for 53 years, I also spent 27 years in the
commercial two-way business. I have literally installed thousands of
connectors, including 1/2" and 7/8" Heliax connectors. Despite great care, I've
had my share of defective connectors, either out of the gate or a later
failure. Just because it is a "factory-installed" connector doesn't mean it is
well-done nor failure-prone. Just pray the failed connector is easily
accessible!

P.S. The easiest to install connector is a mini-UHF on RG-58.

73
-de "Curly" John NI0K
QRZ.com<https://www.qrz.com/db/ni0k>
Hamshack Hotline<https://hamshackhotline.com/> call me: 6100000271