Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter dipole

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter dipole
From: Steve Babcock <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 11:19:52 -0600
Indeed SWR is not a measure of Yagi antenna performance.
However Yagi performance IS a function of the narrow bandwidth of a shortened
PARASITIC element. (not the driver)
Explained here regarding a 2el short 40m Yagi:
https://youtu.be/VZ9esNGBP7Y?si=Xj8shPN9NnNALw8O
<https://youtu.be/VZ9esNGBP7Y?si=Xj8shPN9NnNALw8O>

Steve, ve6wz