[TowerTalk] Shack to service entrance ground

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shack to service entrance ground
From: "K8ZM" <k8zm@oh.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 11:32:45 -0400
I am getting close to my project of completely re-doing all coax and control
cables entering the shack and "finally" have almost everything.  I'll be
installing an 8 Ft (5/8" Dia) ground rod at the shack entrance and need to
tie that to my service entrance ground however my service entrance is 100 Ft
from the shack so extending that and burying it will be a PITA but necessary
none-the-less.  Loaned or misplaced my NEC book but I had planned running 6
Ga stranded copper wire to tie both ground rods together.  Is code 6 Ga or 4
Ga ??

Funny but I keep thinking this will end up being an "exercise" as everything
works like a champ as it is, just changing coax lengths I fear will cause
all kinds of grief..it shouldn't but..

Thanks,

Brad, K8ZM