Re: [TowerTalk] Tower eye bolt source - Bolt Depot!

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower eye bolt source - Bolt Depot!
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 20:52:23 -0400
It's possible he is planning on using the extra length as a tensioning mechanism, but that's not a good idea.

If the square tubes are already in the concrete and there is no welder available, I'd use appropriately sized 6" or 7" lifting eye bolts (the kind with broad flat shoulders), and crank those babies down tight to the posts.

73, Steve K8LX