[TowerTalk] 6-meter Cushcraft beam and RigExpert AA-55 zoom

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 6-meter Cushcraft beam and RigExpert AA-55 zoom
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 15:03:29 -0400
I am refurbishing on old Cushcraft 6M beam, which uses a gamma match with plastic tubing of some sort as the dielectric in the matching capacitor.  I am getting some quite anomalous readings with my AA-55, with the antenna about 6 feet above ground.  I know that such results may be quantitatively off, but wonder if the meter should be otherwise reliable.  Is the AA-55 to be trusted at 50 MHz?

--
73, Pete N4ZR