[TowerTalk] inserting tuned coax length to help match vertical antenna

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] inserting tuned coax length to help match vertical antenna
From: "Jamie WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 15:06:19 +0000
Trying to help the local club get a better match on their 2/440/6m triband antenna, 2 and 440 are great, the swr is a little on on 6m, 52.680, a little more than 3:1 or so, We have access to the feedline at the base of the tower, but no access to climb the cell tower we are co-located on. Is it possible to insert either a 1/4 or 1/2 wave piece of coax, tuned to 52.68, to help match the feedline a bit better?