Re: [TowerTalk] Prosistel 61D

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Prosistel 61D
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 14:07:03 -0500
I have no experience with ProSisTel rotators.  The motors appear to be side
mounted so I am wondering if this shear pin can be replaced without removing
the whole rotator?  McMaster-Carr has a lot of hardware and ships the same
day so they could be a quick source for whatever pin you need.  Luckily the
weather is good in NY for doing antenna work:)

John KK9A

Tony N2TK Wrote:
Glenn, Peter and everyone else, thanks for the feedback.I would assume there
is a shear pin on the motor shaft of the 61D too.Does anyone have the
mechanical drawings of the "guts" of the 61D? Maybe it will also show the
size of the shear pin, if that is the problem. I would like to be prepared
when I tilt over the tower so that it doesn't sit on the ground for weeks.
So far the rotation has been only CCW. Now down to 212 degrees. I have
thought about buying a replacement rotator set up for Green Heron. This way
I could just swap rotators and rebuild the old one or even send it back to
Array Solutions for rebuilding.Stil curious if the motor draw of 400mA is
normal and if that indicates the motor is turning but not turning anything?
Merry ChristmasN2TK, Tony