[TowerTalk] New York state wind survival requirements for antennas

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New York state wind survival requirements for antennas
From: "Gerry" <sparks234@twc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 23:19:45 +0000
I have a few questions regarding antenna wind survival requirements in
NY state and possibly the whole US. A local building inspector is
telling me that just like with towers, NY requires any antenna mounted
on a tower to be able to withstand a 3-second wind gust at 115 mph,
but I know that can't be right. If you have any knowledge or
experience in this area, please contact me directly at my email
address. I have not had any luck getting answers from the ARRL.

I'd also be interested to know if there is still an email reflector
for topics like this. I heard about one called "Ham-Law" but it
appears to have shut down a long time ago.

Thank you,
Gerry KA2MGE