Re: [TowerTalk] TIC-Ring Question

To: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC-Ring Question
From: George Skoubis <geo.skoubis@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 16:28:11 -0700
Rich,

  With the 4O3A software you need to choose, wait, then turn the other.

  Mine are controlled via a Node-Red flow that sends the commands to the 4O3A
controller so I could add a check box that keeps them in synch automatically.

  They both could not turn concurrently but you wouldn’t need to click twice.

  I find most of the time I’m running on the top antenna and searching for
mults on the second antenna so a lot of the time I don’t want them synced.

  I haven’t seen issues with the magnetic sensors on the aluminum boom.

  They are mounted around 48 inches out on the boom.

  There is a way to dial in a correction factor in the 4O3A controller software
but mine seem to be aligned pretty well and since my HF antennas don’t have a
very sharp pattern I feel it’s close enough.

73,

George / W7GES