Re: [TowerTalk] Loading guy wires

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loading guy wires
From: trentkd5ia--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 23:30:37 +0000 (UTC)
Dave-
My tower is a 70' Rohn foldover, guyed in 4 directions.  On each of the top
guys, I placed insulators at the top, bottom, and center to feed them as 40
meter dipoles.  The top and bottom insulators are spaced to be resonant a
little high in frequency on 40, and all that is needed to resonate each one is
a short stinger wire attached at each end (about a foot long in my case).  I
use a remote relay switch to select which direction I need.   For more info,
look in the Antenna Handbook at the K1WA array.  Also, the steel guys work just
fine as radiators.  Good luck.
73 de Trent  K5XM