[TowerTalk] Rohn anchor bolts, grade?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn anchor bolts, grade?
From: "jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 09:30:20 -0700
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 02:27:46 -0500
From: <maflukey@gmail.com>
To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW:  Rohn anchor bolts, grade?

<Thanks for the clarification Jim - you are correct.   Those 105's you have
must be <pretty stout ?

<73
<Matt
<KM5VI

##  I have the older,  5000 lb version of the HDX-689.  Mine uses a
combination of Z and X braces.  New version of the HDX-689 is  3250 lbs,
and uses just a continuous W  bracing on each section.   Old version used
12 x 1.125"  anchor rods.  New version uses  12 x 1.25" anchor rods.

##  I'm stuck with the 1.125" sizing, so went to plan B, and made em
longer, and also used the 105 ksi version.   I also re-designed the entire
re-bar cage, and used  24 x  1"  vertical rebars...instead of the oem 16 x
rebars.  I used 1 in each corner, then 5 equally spaced on all 4 x sides.
 Then used  15 mm rebar for the horizontals.  My eng approved the
modifications.  Stirrups used in one corner of each horz bracing assy.  He
also insisted that I install a  grid of rebars just below the top of the
foundation..and also just below the anchor rods.  I figured it's a one shot
deal, so may as well go off the deep end, and beef it up.

Jim   VE7RF