Re: [TowerTalk] Mast install help

To: gc <gregory63@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast install help
From: K4IDC <robink4idc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 09:30:15 -0600
Greg,
Some good solutions have been made. Another method is to attach the rope
slightly below the mid-point of the mast such that the 12' gin pole is tall
enough for the mast bottom to clear the top of the tower & attach a
counterbalance weight just up from the bottom of the mast such that the
bottom of the mast can be directed into the top of the tower. Once the mast
is threaded into the tower, the counterbalance is removed to allow the mast
to be fully inserted into the tower top.
The last time I did this I used a U-bolt around the mast & through the wall
of an ammo can as a counterbalance. The ammo can was loaded with bags of
lead shot.

Thanks,
Robin Midgett K4IDC