Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal Dipoles

To: w7wll@peak.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal Dipoles
From: Tom Hellem <tom.hellem@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:35:09 -0700
Don-
I modeled it in EZNEC.
It shows that the azimuthal pattern is shaped very similar to a regular
dipole, but the lobes are centered on
a line that bisects the 90 degree angle formed by the two legs. In other
words, if your dipole has legs that run N-S and
E-W, the directions of max gain is at 45 and 225 degrees, and the gain is
equal both ways.(no f/b)

73
Tom
K0SN