Re: [TowerTalk] Tri Ex HM354 Winch Repair/Replacement (Robie Elms)

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tri Ex HM354 Winch Repair/Replacement (Robie Elms)
From: k6tfz via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 17:17:32 +0000 (UTC)
 Ask Tashjian Towers. They make them. tashtowers.com
Tashjian Towers Corporation
 2765 S. Temperance Ave
 Fowler, CA 93625 Phone: 559-834-4300 Fax: 559-834-4377 Mobile: 559-284-9707
Geoff, K6TFZ

  1. Tri Ex HM354 Winch Repair/Replacement (Robie Elms)
I'm working on one of these old towers and there was a problem with the
winch that extends and retracts the tower.  I believe it is 40 to 1 worm
gear drive.  This winch has a long drum and mounts on the side of the
tower.The winch has this identification:

W300 401A S35 7 Q G

 I disassembled it and there is a lot of corrosion due to water getting
inside.  I have not been able to identify the bearings.

Has anyone else rebuilt one of these winches and can assist me with bearing
identification?

Has anyone identified a replacement winch?

Robie AJ4F