Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: NA activity + Inv-L corner insulator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: NA activity + Inv-L corner insulator
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:16:15 -0700
On 9/25/2021 2:37 PM, Artek Manuals wrote:
The problem with a rope jamming in a pulley is that the rope (or cord) is "too small" for the pulley.

Yes. And the best place to find decent pulleys is at marine supply stores. If you live near a coast, they're easy to find. West Marine is the major vendor out here in W6, and I'm guessing that they will have a web presence. If you live near enough to shop in person, they have a LOT of pulleys on display, so it's easy to pick one out to suit your needs.

Most of my antennas are rigged with 7/16-in Synthetic Textiles-brand antenna rope, and CMI rescue pulleys. I use them because the "rescue" configuration makes it easier for the climber to rig, and I use the larger diameter rope to give us something to grab when pulling tension on the antenna.

https://cmigearusa.com/collections/frontpage-2-service-line-pulleys/products/rp115?variant=633842217

73, Jim K9YC